This week kicks off a week of events celebrating those serving in the military past and present. Fort Worth, TX mayor Betsy Price has declared that December 19th – 23 is Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl week.
The football game between the United States Naval Academy and Louisana Tech will take place on December 23, 2016 at the Amon G. Carter Stadium on the Texas Christian University campus.
The following events are leading up to the game on Friday:
Monday, December 19th -Thursday, December 22nd:
F-35 Lightning II full-scale model in Downtown Fort Worth (9:00 am to 5:00 pm): A full-scale model of the F-35 II Lightning will be available in Downtown Fort Worth on Main Street between 8th and 9th. Come stop by and sit in the cockpit of the most advanced multirole fighter jet in the world and take a picture with the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl Trophy. Visitors are encouraged to participate in the corresponding theme for each day of bowl week:
Monday, Dec. 19 — Salute a Veteran Day: Show the veterans in your life and around the world you appreciate them.
Tuesday, Dec. 20 — Holiday Attire: Bring your holiday spirit to the F-35 Lightning II and say “Cheese!”
Wednesday, Dec. 21 — Fort Worth Day: Texas born or Texan by choice, come out and show your Cowtown pride!
Thursday, Dec. 22 — Team Spirit Day: It’s game time in Cowtown and we want to see your best game day gear next to the F-35. Find your foam finger and join the celebration!
Thursday, December 22, 2016: Kickoff Luncheon- Omni Fort Worth (12:00 – 1:30 pm):
Kickoff Luncheon- Omni Fort Worth (12:00 – 1:30 pm):
Former University of Texas Long Snapper and U.S. Army Green Beret Nate Boyer will be the keynote speaker for the annual Kickoff Luncheon, presented by American Airlines and the Omni Fort Worth Hotel. The luncheon brings together teams, coaches, and fans to honor our nation’s armed forces members. This event is open to the public and a limited number of tickets are still available. Please visit http://bit.ly/AFBLuncheon to purchase tickets to the event.
Friday, December 23, 2016: Amon G. Carter Stadium on the campus of TCU
Gameday fun lasts all day, beginning with the Tailgate Outpost at 11:30, to the postgame concert featuring AC/DC tribute band, Back in Black, rocking after the game.
• 11:30 am-3:30 pm – Tailgate Outpost: Tailgate before the game in Lot 3, just North of Amon G. Carter Stadium, with food trucks, a Bud Light beer garden, military hardware displays, interactive games and giveaways that are fun for the whole family.
• 11:30 am-3:30 pm — Veterans Village: Groups of nonprofits, fraternal clubs, and other armed forces support groups will be on site at Veterans Village, presented by American Red Cross.
• 2 p.m. – Pep Rally, Tailgate Outpost: Cheerleaders and bands from LA Tech and Navy will be on hand to kick off game day with a fun interactive Pep Rally. Come early and support your team.
• 3:30 pm – Kickoff: Navy and Louisiana Tech battle it out on the field. Be sure to get to you seats early to watch an impressive array of pregame performances including the Navy Midshipmen march on, the Patriot Parachute Jump Team, a fly over, and the national anthem performed by Don Graves, an Iwo Jima veteran.
• During the game: In between the game action, we will have a jam-packed schedule of events including quarterly tribute to each armed forces branch, a Military Warrior Support Foundation Home Giveaway, the presentation for the first annual Bruce Lowrie Chevrolet Texas Veterans Award, a purple heart tribute, the Great American Patriot Award presented by Armed Forces Insurance honoring Chris Kyle, a recruit induction ceremony and much, much more.
• Immediately following the game — Post-Game Concert: After the trophy presentation and fireworks show, fans are invited to attend a free concert in Tailgate Outpost featuring Back in Black, an AC/DC tribute band. Known for their energetic performances, this is one concert you won’t want to miss!